Time & Location
06 Jun 2021, 20:00 BST
About the Event
Join the brilliant Rosie Brandreth (GBBO, series 10) live to bake these crispy, buttery golden rings of fried croissant dough filled with a salted caramel creme patisserie or a whipped ganache, not forgetting the cinnamon sugar tossed doughnut holes!
The class starts at 8pm UK on Sunday 6th June 2021 and all you need is access to Zoom via a computer, an iPad or a phone and you'll be connected! We’ll start off the class with an introductory welcome and some background from Rosie's time on TV, before we ask you to put on your aprons & bake along as you watch Rosie demonstrate all the skills required to make these little treats. Our class will take around 2 hours as we bake our masterpieces, before you can tuck into the fruits of your labour all whilst hearing fantastic memories and stories from Rosie.
Tickets are priced at £35 for individuals and £50 for groups of two or more that will join from the same household. Places are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled or altered after purchase.
All classes are subject to a minimum number of six attendees signing up. If the minimum number is not met, we will inform those who have purchased a place no later than 48 hours before the class, and will arrange a full refund. All guests will be emailed a link to the class following their booking.
· Mixing bowls x 4
· Whisk (electric or hand)
· Piping bags x 2
· Baking paper
· Baking tray or board (to prove the cronuts on)
· Large clear plastic bag (a clean bin bag will do!) for proving
· Food thermometer (unless using a deep fat fryer)
· Rolling pin
· 2 x round cutters approx. 10cm and 5cm
· An apple corer or something to cut small holes
· Additional whisk or mixing spoon
· Saucepan x 3 (small for making the crème pat and caramel, larger for frying)
· Piping nozzle – filling nozzles or plain will be fine – they need a sharp edge to go through the cronut’s side
· Paper towel or tea towel
For the croissant dough:
· 8g instant yeast
· 50g caster sugar
· 220g strong white bread flour
· 4g salt
· 125ml cool water
· 125g unsalted butter (pre-sliced as thinly as possible – around 2mm and chilled)
· 1-2 litres vegetable oil (to give at least a 2 inch depth in your saucepan)
For the cinnamon sugar:
· 100g caster sugar
· 1tsp ground cinnamon
For the salted caramel crème patisserie
· 170ml semi-skimmed milk
· 2 egg yolks
· 25g caster sugar
· 1 tsp cornflour
· 1tsp plain flour
· For the caramel – 100g caster sugar, ¼ tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp water, ¼ tsp salt
If you have any questions regarding this class please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively we do offer private events, please contact us for more information or click on the ‘Online Classes’ page for more detail. It is your responsiblity to check the ingredients do not impact any allergies or intolerances which you may have. Bake With A Legend and our bakers take no responsibility in this regard.If you're in any doubt about you then you should contact us before booking in terms of discussing alternative ingredients to suit your requirements.We will, wherever possible provide alternatives to include gluten & dairy free options.
This ticket is for more than one person, but using one device